Sensory & Consumer Insights Manager (Snacks)
Develop & promote insights: Provide actionable product & consumer insights to external & internal clients (i.e Snack Category Management, Marketing, Technical & Sales / Key Account Management systematically with information about targeted consumer groups & their needs, desires and preferences. Provide close support to Flavorists & Applications specialists to provide creative guidance and performance feedback based on proven sensory & consumer protocols. Jointly responsible with the EAME SCI Director for execution of SCI strategy to deliver competitive edge Sensory and Consumer data to meet internal and external Symrise client needs. Leads decision-making processes for SCI Snack EAME including the management of outsourced programmes and relationships with external SCI partners (agencies and universities). Responsible for resource conflict management and prioritisation calls including internal and external negotiations to agree appropriate project timelines and milestones.
- Marlow, United Kingdom
- Sensory Department
- Accountable for delivering products insights through value adding sensory & consumer methodologies fulfilling all the obligations of being an effective project leader.
- Manage and supervise sensory tests (i.e sensory profiles conducted by the snack panel located in Holzminden, discriminative tests done in Marlow and Corby)
- Manage consumer research activities qual. and quant. to support strategic projects (e.g. focus groups, online panels etc.)
- Facilitate exchange between Technical, Category Management & Marketing through product performances (i.e sensory description and drivers of liking) to ensure consistent communication input to improve Symrise flavors.
- Project management & SCI resource allocation against internal and external requirements, including linkages to Snacks Technical and Category Management staff responsible for PACE projects.
- Continuous development of current best practices, research methodologies and development of creative solutions to complex challenges, especially in circumstances where “conventional” approaches are not working.
- Quality and timeliness of service provided to Snack Business Unit, Sales / Key Account Management and Research & Innovation
- High level communication skills, representing the SCI community in cross-functional internal teams and taking central leadership role in client presentations and workshops
- Delivery against projects, meeting deadlines, creating added-value propositions and direct and indirect contribution to winning new business
- Implementation of best practice methods and evolution of existing tools
- Minimum 3+ years relevant professional experience in sensory and consumer Insight position
- IT & Numeracy Skills (Understanding of Statistical Analysis concepts, MS Office)
- Presentation & Audience Handling Skills