The coronavirus pandemic continues and is posing challenges for us worldwide. Symrise is closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 situation and its impact on the various aspects of its business.
As part of our risk mitigation approach, our crisis committee is exploring, defining and implementing suitable measures and adjusting them in line with the evolving situation. In this way, we ensure our locations are able to operate without any interruptions. These measures follow the Symrise protocols for pandemic crisis situations, and they are attuned to the country-specific requirements of national authorities.
We consider the safety of our employees and business partners as a paramount concern for us. For this very reason, we have introduced solutions for working from home as well as staggered shifts in production and labs to keep contact between our employees to a minimum. Thanks to these measures, Symrise has minimized the impact on the health situation of its employees so far.
Expanded prevention measures at the Symrise locations:
• Wearing of medical face masks at plant sites
• Compliance with the rules on minimum distances and the maximum number of persons per room
• Restriction of business trips and visitors on site
• For business visits: registration via Symrise employees and completion of a coronavirus questionnaire
• Intensified hygiene rules (precise directions for hand washing, avoiding handshakes, etc.)
• Intensive cleaning and disinfection routines
• Implementation of guidelines for working from home and dividing shifts and departments to reduce contact
• Registration of all employees and visitors on the company’s premises in order to trace possible chains of infection
• Exchange and collaboration with local authorities and company doctors regarding the situation
We consider the health of our employees and our business partners as the highest priority for our company. We feel confident that we will overcome this crisis together.
Your Symrise Executive Board