We stand for ethical business
Sustainability is clearly defined for Symrise: We combine economic success with environmental integrity. For that reason, we are committed to observing all applicable laws, ethical standards and our own regulations that define our business activities – across every region in every country all over the world.
We also expect the same from our suppliers. We have created a framework to ensure this with the Symrise Responsible Sourcing Policy and Supplier Code of Conduct. The framework also includes the Symrise Code of Conduct. This legally binding guideline outlines how our employees engage with our suppliers and other stakeholders, adhering to the highest ethical standards.
We encourage everyone who has knowledge or suspicion of an actual or potential violation of laws and regulations related to Symrise or caused by a Symrise supplier to report it.
Reasons for grievances may include
- Activities that violate human rights, such as child labor, forced labor and slavery in all its forms
- Bribery and corruption
- Violating the freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Disregarding occupational health and safety and work-related health risks
- Disregarding agreed working hours
- Violation of the ban on unequal treatment
- Significant negative impacts on the natural environment, such as pollution, ecosystem degradation or deforestation
Symrise employees can contact their direct supervisor, the Human Resources Department, the Group Legal Department, the Works Council or the "Symrise Integrity Hotline".
The grievance system is not designed for general customer complaints or other requests.